Wild Goose Chase Quilt – EQ mockup
Antique quilts can be so inspiring. These Wild Flying Geese, or maybe Geese Gone Wild, is inspired by an antique quilt found in the book The American Quilt. Join in at any time. I like my blocks BIG and I like BIG quilts. Make as many blocks as you want and add your progress to the Flickr group.
Antique quilt inspiration
Here’s the plan:
1 block each week,
24 extra geese for the sashing each week,
Any color you see fit,
Finished quilt top in the end.
Add a button to your blog.
Make the flying geese using the method you prefer the most.
– – – – – – – – – –
1. Inspiration post.
2. Yardage requirements – Based on using the specialty rulers. Add more yardage for the other construction methods.
- Block size = 16″ finished
- Geese Sashing size = 4″ finished
- Approximate finished size of quilt = 85″ x 85″
- Yardage requirement for Geese = about 6 1/2 yards
- Yardage requirement for Background = about 3 1/2 yards
3. Flying Geese blocks using Specialty Rulers.
4. Flying Geese blocks using the Traditional method.
5. Flying Geese blocks using the No Waste method.
Wild Geese category for all the posts talking about this quilt.