Two Sides of the Random Sampler
March 20, 2015 § 6 Comments
Hooray! I finished the second side of my Random Sampler. This section consists of two original Sampler blocks, some leftover blocks and few new blocks. I thought it might loosely follow a textile theme like the first side was loosely a garden theme. But you would really have to stretch your imagination to link all the blocks to textiles. No matter! This is what I ended up with.
- a Squash Blossom block
- a Spools block – arranged as an “X” instead of the traditional layout
- some mini spools that sort of look like a variation of the attic window block
- a couple of 4-patch blocks with leftover squares from another project
- some more square-in-a-square blocks leftover from my Merry Merry Snowmen redo
- a couple of leftover blocks from my Modern Chain quilt. They look a little bland so I might add some embroidery to these as well.
- a leftover block from a baby quilt that was gifted last summer.
I’m going to use the leftover baby quilt block as the quilt label. I just haven’t put anything in the center of the block yet. But I am envisioning a wee bit of embroidery to fill up all that white space.
It’s going to take a little more time than I had originally planned to finish up the 3rd and 4th sides . But I am please to see this coming together. Finally. Hooray for all of you that are also making progress on your Random Samplers!