My UFO’s are still UFO’s
February 12, 2015 § 10 Comments
I’m still plugging away on my unfinished projects. Why is it that I have a hard time finishing things? And winter seems to have passed over us and moved right into spring.
In the meantime, I recently read Mollie Makes’ list of 50 things to do before you’re 50 in celebration of their 50th issue. Well, since I’ve sort of missed that boat, maybe I could make a list of 50 things to do after you’re 50. Or maybe I could just make a list of things I’d really like to do?
From Mollie Makes’ list, these are the things I have already DONE.
11. Make a patchwork quilt (Ah, I’ve lost count on how many I’ve made)
13. Open an online shop (Bloomin’ Workshop patterns are now on Craftsy)
16. Make a motivational print (It’s still stuck inside my computer)
17. Take your camera out of manual mode (I thought we were supposed to learn how to put it into manual mode? Lately, I’ve been shooting in aperture priority)
24. Make a shrinky dink (What a fun thing that was to do as a kid!)
28. Craft in public (My knitting follows me everywhere!)
35. Write more letters (I’ve actually sent a couple of letters lately. Who gets mail besides bills & junk?)
42. Grow some house plants (Or kill them. I have a couple in the house that are still alive)
46. Create a mini terrarium (I made one for a Christmas gift)
47. Start a blog (Hello friends! 🙂 )
49. Go on a digital detox & unplug (One of my favorite things about heading to the beach!)
50. Pass your creativity forward (Teach? or Share? I enjoy both!)
And these are some things from their list that I would like TO DO.
4. Try your hand at making beauty products (A couple of friends do this and I would love to learn!)
5. Make something impractical (Suggestions?)
6. Yarn bombing (I’ve thought about yarn bombing the tree in our front yard)
14. Have a pattern clashing sort of day (I was so good at this as a kid!)
20. Get into daily doodling or make a zine (I’ve been admiring Lisa Congdon’s journal pages)
31. Refashion a charity shop find (Dotty Angel is so good at this!)
34. Host a craft & cocktails night (Hmm… I’m not sure cocktails & crafting is a good idea if sharp objects are involved)
44. Wear odd socks on Sunday (Now, that just sounds like fun!)
What would be on your list?
*Photos from top to bottom: 1) Reflections in the birdbath, 2) Kaleidoscope version II ready to quilt, 3) Jonquils are nearly ready to bloom, 4) Merry Mayhem ready to quilt, 5) Crocus are blooming! 6) Scrappy log cabin is ready to quilt
Clearly, I need quilting help!