May 1, 2012 § 10 Comments
Well, I didn’t mean to take that little blogging break… but I guess I just did. I’ve been taking some time off from nearly everything and focusing on feeling better. And I am feeling better. My new remedy for the mono is working and my energy is coming back. And I’ve been seeing an acupuncturist for the insomnia. And I think that is working too. Things are looking up!
Meanwhile… life has been moving forward in other little ways as well.
* I’ve been feeling the need to work on some existing projects and dug out this Christmas quilt above.
* I also started sewing a spring jacket that I’ve been wanting to make for a long time. My track record in the recent past on sewing clothing hasn’t been all that good. So, I really hope to finish this one. It’s from the Sew Serendipity book.
* My hubby cleaned out our compost bin over the weekend and has been spreading worm castings all over the garden. You see, it shouldn’t really be a “worm bin” but we only ever throw coffee grounds and kitchen scraps in it. And the worms just naturally come up from the ground and start chomping away on the kitchen scraps. So by default it became a worm bin. But it’s so hard to clean out.
* So we made our own DIY worm bins from four Rubbermaid plastic bins. I drilled the holes in the bins. At least I helped a little. You can read more about worm composting. We are hoping this will be an easier solution than the former compost bin.
* The rhubarb in our garden is looking more hardy than usual this year. It’s about time! So I had to make some gluten-free rhubarb muffins. I’m also trying to go gluten-free for awhile to see if it will help. I don’t have any known allergies to gluten but my doctor says (and I’ve read around the Internet) that gluten can aggravate a number of health issues. I guess it’s worth a try for now.
* Have you noticed that the way you can use Pinterest has changed? If you try to pin something off of my blog, the only images you will see are the ones that I have directly uploaded to wordpress. Or… if you click on the Pinterest share button at the bottom of a post it will automatically select the first photo used in the post. This doesn’t seem to be any setting that I can find anywhere on WordPress. So I assume that it is Pinterest changing the way their web site works. I’m sorry about the older posts where the best photo is not the first one. But I just can’t see going back and changing them all. I like hosting my photos on Flickr because then I only have to upload them once. But from now on, I will try to make the first photo of my blog posts one that would be Pinterest worthy. Technology.
I didn’t mean to make this so wordy… sorry. I’m may or may not be around a little more often now. We shall see. I am so glad that I am feeling better. But I don’t want to add any more self-imposed stress back into my life now that I’ve cleared so much of it out. I am glad you all keep stopping by! Thank you for all your comments and encouragement! I do appreciate every one.