Seeing the Light at the End of the Tunnel
July 16, 2009 § 14 Comments
Last weekend I was in a little bit of panic and bouncing off the walls with deadlines and such. But this week, I am slowly settling down. Still a little bit bouncy, but not quite as much. I’m starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!
It might be easier to just go for the random bullet point list method.
1. We passed our belt test in karate and are now at the Green Belt level. One more (and more casual & less formal) promotion and we will be half way to Black Belt. I’m glad that test is over! Though, I’ve been told that the journey from Green to Black belt is much longer than the journey from White to Green.
2. Gary and I have been married 16 years this month. It feels like a milestone to me, even though it’s nothing significant like 20, 30 or 50. Still, I feel like we have survived many of the challenges of marriage… this far.
3. Our normal TV blew up a couple of weeks ago and we are now watching movies on a teeny tiny 12″ TV that used to be in my sewing room… until we feel like replacing it. Which may be awhile.
4. I’m looking forward to the Recycled Clothing Quilt-Along! Are you ready?
5. Doll Quilt Swap #7 round is currently taking sign ups. I’m probably going to pass on this round. But you might want to run on over right now if you are even a little bit interested. They are capping sign-ups at 200.
6. August is looking very busy too, but in a better way in comparison to July. My mom will be visiting for a couple of weeks. We are heading to the Sock Summit in Portland for a couple of days. And there is some dinner event, BBQ, or get-together scheduled for nearly every weekend.
7. I finally stitched down the binding on my Old Red Barn Quilt-Along quilt. It is making me happy. Seven is a good number to end with, right?