An Itsy-Bitsy Thought or Two
October 16, 2008 § 6 Comments
* An Itsy-Bitsy fabric packet from the quilt shop near the beach. Approximately 9″x11″ pieces of coordinated fabrics. Too cute! I’m a sucker for these kinds of things.
* We spent a couple of relax-in-your-pajamas days at the beach last weekend. Well… we didn’t spend the whole day in our pajamas, but we did sleep in late and lounge around, napping when we felt like it. The Weekend Beach Retreats are the best! They have now become an annual event. We just take books and a project or two and do very little. I meant to work on my Babette Blanket. And I did. But I don’t have much to show for it. The sewing together of granny squares is not my favorite aspect of creating… and it takes a fair bit of time.
* Discovered at the yarn shop near the beach… Berroco Ultra Alpaca Fine. Machine washable, fingering weight, and really reasonably priced for the yardage. Score! I’m scheming some matching stripy socks for both my husband and I… but, probably not till after the holidays. I’m already feeling a bit overwhelmed with my giant crafty gift aspirations.
* BTW… thoughts of pumpkin are taking over everything… quilting, dinner, baking. I’m trying out this recipe for Holiday Pumpkin Bread from King Arthur flour. I hope it’s good!
* Also… another made-it-up-as-I-went-along bag is on the cutting table. This time I’ll take notes and share them with you. Maybe next week. Stay tuned.
Have a Great Pumpkiny Day!