How Much Does It Take?
August 27, 2008 § 6 Comments
Someone was asking if I could estimate how much yardage it would take to make the top of the Medallion Quilt. So… I did a little playing around.
- If the entire quilt was made out of the same fabric – it would take about 10 1/2 to 11 yards.
- Using the quilt as I have colored it in Electric Quilt – It would take 17 yards consisting of 64 different fabrics. Obviously, there would be some scraps* left over!
- I estimated that Border 4 takes about a 1/2 yard each of a light fabric and a dark fabric.
Now that the borders are getting bigger, I may include a yardage requirement with each border post. Also, posted above is a line drawing of the quilt if you feel the urge to experiment with colored pencils before any actual sewing occurs. Just click on the image to enlarge it and then save it to your computer to print out at a later date.
Coming soon… Border number 5.
– – – – – –
*Speaking of scraps. I’m still thinking about a Scrap Group of some kind.
- What should we call it? (Scrap Addiction? Circle of Scraps? Scrap Circle? Scrap of Life? Second Chapter of Scraps? I’m having a bad pun day, can you tell?)
- How should it be structured? (Similar to Tie One On with a theme or challenge each month?)
- Do you want a separate group blog? Or just a Flickr group?
Lemme hear all your thoughts and suggestions!