In review of my laziness
December 29, 2012 § 15 Comments
After looking at what I finished this last year, I decided to make a visual list of what has been left UN-finished and sitting in the closet. Some of these date back to 2005! Too many starts & not enough finishes.
I don’t know if it is because another year has gone by or the fact that our house is a wreck with the kitchen construction going on, but I am especially feeling the need to clean & purge. Here’s a brief run down. I’m too lazy to take the time to link back to relevant blog posts. But you can click on the above image & it will take you to Flickr where there are links to the original photos. If and when I get around to finishing them I can give you more details. I would really like to see a few red X’s through these photos by the end of 2013.
1. Signature quilt given to me by former coworkers. What I want to do is take the blocks apart and add some cornerstones to brighten it up a bit.
2. The Low Volume quilt started during my sewing group’s quilt retreat last fall. This is one that I really want to finish but just haven’t had the time to get back to it.
3 & 4. Bee blocks that I think I just want to assemble and donate to a good charity.
5. Amish-style 9-patches. Originally it was going to be a pattern idea. We shall see.
6. Red & white tree of life Christmas quilt that I stalled on while quilting. I need to focus on resurrecting my quilting ability. It has gone by the wayside the last couple of years.
7. Snowflake quilt made with my sister-in-law. It’s actually hanging on my design wall now, but I just haven’t been in the mood to finish it even though I really want it to be finished.
8. A scrap-busting Liberated Wedding Ring that keeps getting pushed to the bottom of the pile because I have no need to finish it.
9. Wagon Wheel blocks from a Flickr quilt-along that I think will make a good gift now that I am looking at it. Or possibly a good quilt for the guest bedroom. But if I intend to keep it then there is never enough motivation to finish it. So, maybe a gift??
10. Another scrap-busting project that resulted in only a couple of blocks made. This would be a good charity quilt as well. Again, no deadline… no desire to work on it.
11. Civil War Love Letters quilt that would make a good gift to one of my traditional-loving friends.
12. Red & white blocks from a Ravelry swap. These would be good for a charity quilt as well. Maybe I need to have a goal that 1 in every 3 or 4 quilt finishes needs to be for charity?
13. The 4-Letter Word quilt that I am hand quilting. Hand work is never a good motivator for me. I’m trying to overcome that fear/flaw in my character.
14. The Jelly Roll Race quilt that I recently made with my sister-in-law. I really think this one needs to be made into a chair cover for the chair in my sewing room. The cat keeps sleeping on my chair and it is constantly covered in cat hair!
15. Tree from a Sue Spargo class. I’m not sure what it will take to motivate me to finish this one. Again, the hand work intimidates me. It was fun to work on while in the class, but then there was a whole classroom of folks to push me along! Now, who’s going to keep me going???
16. The Recycled Men’s Shirt quilt. It’s stalled because I’ve just plain lost interest.
17 & 20. The Medallion QAL quilt & United She Stands from a Kaye England class in my early years of quilting. They would also make good gifts for my traditional quilt loving friends. I may ask them which ones they would like and then finish it for them.
18. Bow Tie quilt from a Kaffe Fassett class. Now, years later, I would like to take the blocks apart and rearrange them in a different layout like this.
19. Handkerchief Corners quilt from a Kaffe Fassett book. This fall I was thinking about this quilt and bought a few more striped fabrics to make it bigger so that it could be used on our bed. Maybe that will push me to finish it?