I have an idea
August 30, 2012 § 41 Comments
(This sampler is from Gwen Marston’s Liberated Medallion book)
I’m thinking out loud here, so I’m not sure if this will work. But let me explain and then you can voice your opinion…
I LOVE these sampler type of quilts. And I really want to make one. But I don’t want to have to design the layout until I have a bunch of blocks to play with. And it’s always more fun to do these things with friends. And people have been requesting another quilt-along….
(This one is from the book American Quilts in the Modern Age)
So, here’s my idea….
What if we did a really laid back block-of-the-month quilt along?
- Each month we would vote on the block we want to experiment or play with.
- Make as many as you want, in either liberated or traditional method.
- After 12 months we play with different layouts and put our blocks together in a sampler quilt.
- Mine, of course… I will have all the measurements posted so that if you want some instructions to follow you can follow mine.
- But you don’t have to follow my instructions. Just use the quilt-along as an inspirational guideline.
(This is a photo of the process in Gwen Marston’s Liberated Medallion book)
Is this a crazy idea??? Or do you think it would be fun???
We could start in September. Nothing like jumping in all at once. Right? I know September starts in two days. But I’ve been on vacation and all…