May 6, 2012 § 10 Comments
I started this bag back in January during I class that I taught at work. But I got stumped when I got to the zipper. I couldn’t find the right zipper in the right color & the right right size. All I could find was a separating zipper which I thought I could tweak to make it work. But between being tired all the time and fighting the mono I just couldn’t think. So I put it off to the side in a pile to finish at a later date. Since I have another bag class coming up I figured I’d better get going on this one.
The zipper still isn’t right. I finally figured out a solution while I was laying in bed after I had already finished the bag. Oh well. Better luck next time. I also used heavy weight interfacing on the outside instead of the fusible fleece that the pattern recommends. But overall, I happy with it. It’s going to be a great project bag. Most likely a knitting project bag. Lord knows I have enough knitting projects in mid-process for every project bag I own.
Pattern – Amy Butler Sophia Carry-all Bag
Fabric – Hoffman’s Mercer Street Butterflies for the bag, the handles were a Joel Dewberry fabric, and the lining I really don’t remember
Pose – inspired by Dottie Angel